What is a ketogenic diet? | Internet beauty blog
The ketogenic diet, also known as the keto diet, has become very popular in recent years. The ketogenic diet, which is preferred by those who want to lose weight quickly, speeds up weight loss by allowing the body to get the energy it needs from fat rather than sugar.
What is a ketogenic diet?
While in the past doctors recommended the ketogenic diet to treat certain conditions, today the diet has become popular with the advent of rapid weight loss. Due to its popularity lately, everyone is interested in the topic: what is a ketogenic diet? The answer to this question is quite simple. The ketogenic diet is basically a diet that consists of a low-carb, high-protein, and fat distribution. It is this distribution of nutrients that distinguishes it from other types of diets and makes it so interesting. While many weight loss diets eliminate fat from their menu, the keto diet takes the lead. The prohibitions of other diets constitute the macros of the ketogenic diet.
While there are many people who follow this diet both in our environment and on social media, not every body type can see the same benefits. Under normal conditions, since the body meets its energy needs with carbohydrates, when carbohydrates are cut, it turns into fat cells. With insufficient intake of proteins and fats, fat cells stored in the liver can enter the circuit. This situation can be considered a risk for people with liver disease. The biggest disadvantage of the ketogenic diet is that its sustainability is low compared to other types of diets. Since it is difficult to use and can harm the body, the keto diet should be used under the supervision of a physician.
How to follow a ketogenic diet?
Each diet is based on the main sources of energy. These energy sources, called macros, meet the body’s energy needs by sharing them among themselves. The answer to the question of how to formulate a ketogenic diet can be explained through these macro values. The macro values for the keto diet are 5% fat, 25% protein, and 70% fat. Because it is based on a high fat intake, the ketogenic diet list is made up of mostly healthy fats. Foods that form the basis of the ketogenic diet list:
- low carb vegetables
- Red and white meat
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Unsweetened tea and coffee
- Dark chocolate
Although the keto diet is quite liberal compared to other types of diets, there are some foods that should be avoided on this diet, just like any diet. The keto diet specifically recommends keeping carbohydrate intake to a minimum. In addition, this diet does not recommend sugar, which the body uses as an additional source of energy. Some foods to avoid in ketogenic recipes:
- Sugar (sodas, juices, smoothies, etc.)
- Cereals (rice, wheat, pasta, etc.)
- Fruits (all fruits except red fruits such as strawberries)
- Root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, etc.)
- Legumes (chickpeas, beans, etc.)
Tips for the Ketogenic Diet
Whether it’s to lose weight or solve health problems, you should consult with a nutritionist before starting a diet. When used together under the supervision of a doctor and a nutritionist, you can get both maximum efficiency and prevent possible risks. When applying the keto diet, it is recommended to follow a path that suits the person’s eating habits. Although this is confusing for beginners, you can clear your doubts with the help of the ketogenic diet tips.
- Before you start a diet, make your meal plan and stick to it.
- Calculate your fat, protein and carbohydrate values day by day.
- The daily dose of carbohydrates should not exceed 20 grams.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day.
- Take care of regular sleep.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Don’t be afraid of fatty foods.
List of products for fast weight loss
Discover beauty near you >
- Let’s put down our red pencils and give each other the erasers that will set us free.
- What if you only have 5 minutes left to live?
- The best sci-fi podcasts of recent times
- How to make your home decoration earthquake-proof? Make your home safe
- What mistakes are made in skin care?
- Encountering the Gifts of Unconditional Compassion – Uplifers
- The best aromatherapy oils and products with scientifically proven healing power
- Pursuit of Health Episode 6: Taking Responsibility
- 7 interesting beauty practices from the past
- Possible causes of heart palpitations regardless of stress and caffeine intake