Things to consider when dealing with children after an earthquake
Unfortunately, we are suffering great losses in connection with the catastrophe we have experienced. In this process, I wanted to write down the first thing that came to my mind when I talked about what was happening with the child.
- Together with children in this difficult process since yesterday not to mention dead
- Don’t offer condolences, not knowing if he knows or not
- Don’t pretend like there’s nothing next to you
- It is necessary to minimize the time to tell the child. It will be useful for him to learn from someone he trusts, and not from others.
- Excessive crying and wailing should not be allowed.
- “He went to heaven”, “God took him with him.” “She fell asleep.” Please avoid talking about your religious beliefs. This can cause confusion in the child.
- Even in a whisper, one should not talk about the deceased, since something similar happened.
- You can cry with him without exaggeration, but you can also be sad.
- The child should be allowed to express emotions without trying to suppress their reactions.
- You should not be forced to talk about the death or the situation.
- He will need to be with family members and people he sees around and share his pain.
- In particular, no connection should be made with the existence of the child or the situation experienced. This can cause the child to feel guilty, responsible, and angry.
We should not forget that in the process of grief the child can behave in different ways. Problems such as bedwetting, nail biting, fear of losing another parent/guardian, eating problems, and introversion may occur. Can be angry or aggressive. It should not be forgotten that he needs to express his feelings and be understood in these situations.
You may be interested in: 3 Stages of Burnout Syndrome
- Recipes with spring vegetables: Meal, salad, dessert; what you are looking for is here
- Nourish Your Body, Calm Your Mind: Stress Reducing Foods
- The importance of social solidarity and the strength of unity in difficult times
- What is the spring equinox? What does it mean? What are their rituals?
- More than just taste: what does your coffee choice say about your personality?
- December 20, 2022 Daily horoscope commentary and special offers for your zodiac sign
- This is not on Turkey’s agenda: what is rabies, is there a cure?
- What to do and how to deal with it?
- Features of the Egyptian Mau and care for her
- Make it a habit to do things you don’t want to do