The new Mac mini is even more powerful, more functional and more versatile with the M2 and M2 Pro models.
Global giant Apple welcomes us with new good news right after the release of M2 Pro and MacBook Pro with M2 Max chip, the highest performance and longest battery life: the new Mac mini! With the super-powerful M2 and the all-new M2 Pro, the new Mac mini is even more powerful and capable.
The new M2 Pro chip brings professional-grade performance to Mac mini for the first time. Users will be able to run high-performance workloads previously unimaginable in such a compact package. Mac mini with M2 chip and M2 Pro delivers faster performance and even more onboard storage. The M2 Enhanced Connectivity model supports up to two displays, while the M2 Pro model supports up to three displays. Combined with the power and ease of use of macOS Ventura, along with Studio Display and Magic accessories, Mac mini delivers an incredible desktop experience that will enhance user productivity and creativity. The new Mac mini models will go on sale on Tuesday, January 24th.
“With incredible features and a wide range of connectivity options in a compact design, Mac mini is used in many different places and in many ways. Today, we’re excited to make this model even better with the M2 and M2 Pro.” Greg Joswiak, Apple’s vice president of global marketing, said: “Because of its superior performance and capabilities, the Mac mini with the M2 chip is an extremely cost effective solution. Users looking for powerful, professional-grade performance can opt for a Mac mini with an M2 Pro chip, unlike any other desktop in its class.”
Even more performance with M2 and M2 Pro
The M2 and M2 Pro chips offer faster next-generation CPUs and GPUs, higher memory bandwidth, and a more powerful media engine than the previous generation Mac mini. This gives the new Mac mini exceptional performance and industry-leading energy efficiency. Both models feature an advanced thermal system for trouble-free operation.
Mac mini with M2 chip
Mac mini with an M2 chip has an 8-core processor and a 10-core GPU with four high-performance and four high-performance cores. Starting at £14,499, this Mac mini is the perfect choice for users looking for ultra-fast performance and incredible performance. Everyday tasks, such as opening and running multiple applications at the same time and browsing the web, can be completed at incredible speed. Heavy-duty users can also handle more demanding workloads with the M2 Mac mini processor. With up to 24 GB of combined memory and 100 GB/s bandwidth, operations like image editing in Adobe Photoshop are up to 50% faster than the previous generation.one it happens. With the M2, Mac mini also gets ProRes acceleration. Thus, operations such as video editing in Final Cut Pro can be completed in half the time.one The M2 can also simultaneously play up to two 8K ProRes 422 video streams at 30fps or up to 12 4K ProRes 422 video streams at 30fps. With all that performance, Mac mini is up to 5x faster than the best-selling Windows desktop on the market.2. It offers an incredible value for first-time computer buyers, those considering upgrading their system, and those transitioning from a PC.
Compared to Mac mini with an Intel Core i7 processor3 Mac mini with M2 chip offers:
- Improve image scaling performance up to 22x with machine learning (ML) in Pixelmator Pro.
- Rendering complex timelines in Final Cut Pro is 9.8x faster.
Compared to previous generation Mac mini with M1 chipone Mac mini with M2 chip offers:
- Up to 2.4x faster ProRes transcoding performance in Final Cut Pro.
- Up to 50% performance improvement for filters and features in Adobe Photoshop.
- Up to 35 percent faster gameplay in Resident Evil: Village.
Mac mini with M2 Pro chip
M2 Pro brings professional-grade performance to Mac mini for the first time. The M2 Pro, whose processor can have up to 12 cores, including eight high-performance cores and four high-performance cores, and whose GPU can have up to 19 cores, offers twice the memory bandwidth of the 200GB/s M2 with 32 cores. It supports up to GB of memory. The next generation Neural Engine is 40% faster than the M1 chip. This speeds up machine learning tasks such as video analysis and image processing. Designed to greatly accelerate playback and very low power video encoding, the M2 Pro also offers a very powerful media engine. Quickly launching the most popular video codecs, this media engine can simultaneously play five 8K ProRes 422 video streams at 30 fps or 23 4K ProRes 422 video streams at 30 fps. With the M2 Pro processor, it’s up to 14x faster than the fastest Intel-based Mac mini.3
Compared to 27″ iMac with Intel Core i7 and Radeon Pro 5500 XT.four Mac mini with M2 Pro chip offers:
- Up to 50% performance improvement for filters and features in Adobe Photoshop.
- Panoramic compositing is 5.5x faster in Adobe Lightroom Classic.
- Up to 4.4 times faster object tracking in Final Cut Pro.
Compared to previous generation Mac mini with M1 chipone Mac mini with M2 Pro chip offers:
- Up to 2.5 times faster graphics performance in Affinity Photo.
- Up to 4.2 times faster ProRes transcoding performance in Final Cut Pro.
- Up to 2.8 times faster gameplay in Resident Evil Village.
With the M2 Pro, Mac mini users can handle high-performance workloads previously unimaginable in such a compact package. Musicians can create music without missing a beat with incredibly powerful plugins and effects, and photographers can instantly edit huge images. Content producers can work seamlessly with different camera formats such as ProRes video using multiple cameras, and gamers can play high-performance console-quality games. Gaming performance is up to 15 times faster than the fastest Intel-based Mac mini.3
Additional connection options
Mac mini continues to offer great connectivity thanks to its large number of ports. With two Thunderbolt 4 ports, the M2 can support two displays. On the other hand, the M2 Pro model has four Thunderbolt 4 ports and supports three displays. This model is also the first Mac model to support an 8K display. Both new Mac mini models feature two USB-A ports, an HDMI port, an optional 10GB Gigabit Ethernet port, and an improved headphone jack that supports high-impedance headphones. In terms of wireless connectivity, the latest WiFi 6E offers up to 2x faster performance on newer models than the previous generation.five In addition to the standard, there is Bluetooth 5.3 technology.
Incredible desktop experience with Studio Display and Magic accessories
Combined with Studio Display and accessories, Magic Mac mini delivers an exceptional desktop experience. With a large 27-inch Retina 5K display, 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera with main stage, studio-quality three-mic array, and a six-speaker audio system with Spatial Audio, the Studio Display completes the Mac desktop experience. Users can also choose from compatible Magic accessories to complement the stylish design of Mac mini and Studio Display.
Mac mini delivers even more performance and productivity with macOS Ventura. Powerful innovations such as continuity camera; It provides video conferencing features such as Table View, Main Stage, and Studio Light for all Mac computers. FaceTime’s Handoff feature allows users to initiate a FaceTime call on their iPhone or iPad and then quickly transfer it to their Mac and vice versa. Tools such as the Scene Manager automatically organize applications and windows. Thus, users can see everything at once when they want to focus on the current task.
While Messages and Mail are getting better than ever, Safari, the world’s fastest browser for Mac, is stepping into a password-free future with its password feature. With iCloud Photo Shared Library, users can create an individual photo album and share it with up to six family members. The new Freeform app offers a flexible canvas that helps users improve their productivity and express themselves better when planning or brainstorming, alone or with others. Along with the power and popularity of Apple’s chip, Metal 3’s new developer tools make Mac gaming better than ever.
Mac mini and the environment
Mac mini is designed with minimal impact on our planet and is made from 100% recycled materials. Aluminum is used in the body of the device, rare earth elements in all magnets, tin in the motherboard solder, and gold plating on many circuit boards. Mac mini also contains 35 percent or more recycled plastic in many components and meets Apple’s high energy efficiency standards. 96 percent of the packaging of these models, which do not contain the most harmful substances, are made of fiber-based material. All this brings Apple closer to the goal of completely eliminating plastic in packaging by 2025.
Today, Apple has achieved full carbon neutrality in its global corporate operations. By 2030, the company aims to achieve 100% zero carbon emissions across all of its operations, including the entire manufacturing supply chain and the entire product lifecycle. This means that every Apple device sold has no net climate impact, from component manufacturing, assembly, shipping, customer use and charging, to material recycling and recovery.
The new Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro chips can be ordered from apple.com/en/store and the Apple Store app, available at select Apple Stores starting Tuesday, January 24th. All specifications can be found at apple.com/en/store.
- Compared to previous generation Mac mini systems equipped with the Apple M1 chip, 8-core processor, 8-core GPU, 16GB RAM, and 2TB SSD.
- Apple testing in November and December 2022 of prototype Mac mini systems with an Apple M2 chip, 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and Intel Core i5-based production PCs with Intel UHD Graphics 730 systems. , and these configurations were running the latest version of Windows 11 at the time of testing. The top selling system was determined based on publicly available sales data for the last 12 months. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac mini.
- Compared to previous generation Mac mini systems based on a 3.2GHz hexa-core Intel Core i7 processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630, 64GB RAM, and 2TB SSD.
- Comparison of AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT with 8GB GDDR6 memory versus previous generation 27″ iMac systems with 3.8GHz octa-core Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD.
- Wi-Fi 6E is not available in mainland China. In Japan, macOS 13.2 or later is required.
It may interest you: Apple introduces revolutionary M2 Pro performance and MacBook Pro with M2 Max chip
- What will you do with the limited hours you have?
- Do you know if you want the same relationship as your partner?
- 10 Most Famous Joseph Pilates Quotes and Their Philosophy: Part 2
- Fruits and vegetables with amazing amounts of protein
- Why is it bad not to eat what we crave?
- Stretches You Should Do Every Day
- 5 Minute Mobility Exercises You Can Do Until Your Morning Coffee Is Brewed
- Thoughts materialize and become experience in infinite creation.
- Birth began where the darkness was unbearable
- Existential nausea: can absolute freedom arise when we are free from our causes?