For those who drink coffee immediately after waking up: what to do if coffee touches them?
A common question in the minds of those who say they can never give up their morning coffee is what to do if coffee touches them?
for the majority of people in the morning as soon as you get out of bed fresh coffee There is nothing better than doing. If you belong to this group, know that you are not alone. statistics, every fourth person he says he has this habit! Against it; While the pleasure of waking up with coffee is priceless, this habit can lead to symptoms like indigestion, heartburn, or irritable bowel syndrome in the long run. Yes, but Why drinking coffee in the morning causes indigestion? Or what can be done to enjoy this favorite drink without unpleasant symptoms?
The benefits and harms of coffee
Although coffee is one of the world’s most beloved beverages, there are several ways to drink coffee every day. pros and cons There is. Let’s talk about the pros first:
benefits of coffee
- Coffee is high in antioxidants. According to research, coffee contains certain polyphenols, such as chlorogenic acid and ferulic acid, which exhibit anti-cancer activity by protecting important cellular molecules (DNA, proteins, and lipids) from oxidative damage.
- Coffee enhances intestinal peristalsis. When it comes to gut health, coffee consumption can help promote regular bowel movements, especially if you’re struggling with constipation. Because coffee increases colon activity and can cause colon contractions to go to the toilet.
- . Coffee boosts alertness and motivation
- It contains caffeine, which has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system, increasing levels of norepinephrine and dopamine. Caffeine also blocks the action of the brain chemical adenosine, which causes fatigue. Some studies show that regular coffee consumption type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and potentially Alzheimer’s risk
- shows that he can reduce A lot of coffee protective properties of the liver
- It has. Regular consumption of moderate amounts of coffee is believed to help fight liver diseases such as liver cancer and hepatitis C. The caffeine in coffee also increases dopamine levels in the brain. boost mood and happiness
- Harm coffee Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a condition in which acid repeatedly leaks from the stomach into the esophagus, causing an unpleasant burning sensation in the chest and throat. If you have such a diagnosis,morning coffee can cause reflux
- . This is because coffee contains compounds that can stimulate acid secretion in the gut, including caffeine and catechins. .Caffeine is a drug and therefore
- your body can become addicted to it . When this happens, you may experience caffeine withdrawal. This can cause severe headaches, nausea, and constipation. Excessive coffee consumption(for example, more than 3-5 glasses per day)
- can disrupt your sleep patterns . Considering that quality sleep is extremely important for overall health, it can be said that coffee consumption should be limited.Again, drinking too much coffee
- can create unpleasant side effects such as increased anxiety and irritability . May cause an increase in heart rate, blood pressure, and stress hormones; All these symptoms increase the feeling of anxiety.Some types of coffee
May contain added sugar
. It’s not the coffee itself that causes diet problems, but the common ingredients added to make it taste better. One of these ingredients is sugar. Sugar can significantly increase the calorie content of coffee and lower its nutritional profile. You can enjoy coffee that is good for your stomach: what to do if coffee touches it? If if you have reflux Morning coffee may make your symptoms worse we explained above.reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, or inflammatory bowel disease if you have and that alcohol makes your symptoms worse if you notice
- Ways to mitigate the effects of morning coffee Perhaps you are looking for. The good news is that; You don’t have to cut coffee out of your life completely. There are several ways to make morning coffee easy on the stomach:
- Try cold coffee or dark roast coffee: These types of coffee are less acidic, which means they are more easily absorbed by the intestines.
- Eat before drinking coffee: The combination of coffee with certain foods facilitates digestion and reduces its density in the stomach. But avoid eating meat, grains or sugar, as they are acidic. Instead, choose healthy fats like fruits, vegetables, or avocados.
- Wait at least an hour after waking up: Many health experts recommend drinking coffee at least an hour after waking up. This, in addition to maintaining a natural circadian rhythm, may reduce your chances of needing a second glass later in the day; which is good for your intestines too.
- Reduce your total coffee intake: Experts agree that coffee consumption should not be abused. If you drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day, try cutting back to 1-2. Most people use coffee as a stimulant and drink plenty of coffee throughout the day to boost their energy. This can certainly lead to indigestion.
- Find an alternative: Sometimes it may be necessary to temporarily give up coffee. In such a case, you can try replacing your morning coffee with a caffeinated alternative drink such as black tea or matcha.
- Look for less acidic coffee brands: There are countless options when it comes to coffee, and some brands may produce their coffee less acidic.
According to a recent preliminary study, adding milk to coffee may increase the anti-inflammatory effect due to the special combination of polyphenols in coffee and amino acids in milk.
Sources: mindbodygreen, eatthisYou may also be interested in: 5 Minute Mobility Exercises You Can Do Until Your Morning Coffee Is Brewed
- The man with the longest nose in history: Thomas Wadhouse
- How about forgiving yourself? – Aplifers
- Pursuit of Health Episode 5: The Power of Family Planning
- Fascinating painting exhibition by Andreas Georgiadis: Come back
- 7 Ways The Chinese Have Used For Hundreds Of Years To Stay Young And Healthy
- The Pursuit of Health Episode 3: Holistic Healing of Hearts
- Why is it so difficult to change habits?
- Pomeranian: features and care
- What happened in the May 14, 1950 elections to which Erdogan refers?
- Who is Talat Pasha and what did he do?