Causes, consequences and ways to prevent bullying
Tyrannyincludes aggressive behavior that is intentional and associated with an imbalance of power or power. Bullying in childrenone or more children physical, verbal or emotional The act of intentionally causing harm or discomfort to another child. With the development of technology and the increasing use of electronic devices by young children such as phones, tablets and computers, cyberbullying is also becoming more common.
bullying Generally school boundaries can be seen, but playgrounds, parks, social media accounts various places where children spend time, such as in social and online circles can also happen. A student who is physically stronger, taller, or overweight has a crush on another student who appears to be relatively weak. brute force or a child in a friendly environment social isolation are among the most common examples of peer bullying.
Causes and possible consequences of bullying by peers
Bullying is a complex problem that can have many different causes and preschool to high school age can be observed in different age groups.
- power imbalance
- family problems
- emotional problems
- media influence
- peer pressure
- Possible causes of peer bullying include factors such as the competitive environment. On the other hand, there may be other factors that contribute to bullying by peers. For some personal reason Because of this, children can also bully each other.
Children who are victims of bullying due to such aggressive behavior stress, anxiety, low self-esteem, depression, low self-esteem, academic failure, fear of school and even Suicide attempt they may have to deal with serious problems, such as Therefore, it is very important to understand the causes of aggressive behavior and work to prevent them.
How to prevent peer bullying?
Teachers and parents have many duties and responsibilities in this regard. In addition, children also need to take some steps to protect themselves. Here’s what teachers, school administrators, and parents can do:
- Schools and classrooms must offer students a safe learning environment. teachers and school administrators that bullying is unacceptable in school and must clearly remind students that such behavior will have consequences.
- Teachers for students who find it difficult to fit in or make friends building friendships between students may I help. In this regard, it is important that educational consultants are good observers.
- Teachers or school administrators can be productive and keep students happy during lunch breaks or breaks. they may provide additional duties and responsibilities; so that children do not feel alone and are not at risk of bullying.
- Teachers and administrators can use areas such as restrooms, crowded corridors, service areas, school garden. cannot be left unattended They should intervene when they feel the possibility of bullying. Bullying can occur not only in the classroom, but also in places where students feel relatively less cared for. Due to this It is also important to inform security personnel, service drivers and hostesses.
- Constant contact with parents; Measures taken, efforts to prevent bullying and actions taken should be reported to parents, and parents or primary caregivers of a student who is both victim and bully should be informed of incidents of bullying.
- Parents, watch closely for signs that their child is being bullied. Children who are bullied are often reluctant to talk about school or may make excuses not to go to school. They may also have negative emotions, such as symptoms of severe stress, anxiety, and depression, and may also exhibit behavioral disturbances.
- Like kids at school feel safe at home It is important that they know that they can get help and that they are not alone. Therefore, it is very important that parents speak openly with their children and tell them what they can share with them when they have a problem.
- While technology is advancing at a rapid pace, it is essential that the virtual channels children spend time on are under parental control. Therefore, parents technological frontiers providing their children with information about cyberbullying that is now available on many platforms. child filters can take this precaution.
- It is important that students report any bullying or witness bullying. They can seek help by telling teachers, school administrators, parents, or a trusted adult about their negative experiences. In this respect adults to inform, guide and encourage children it is important.
- In addition, students should be able to stay as long as possible in their school or social environment outside of school. avoid places without adult supervision or especially young Children should be careful not to be alone can reduce the risk of bullying.
Finally, because children who have been bullied for a long time can experience a variety of negative psychological and emotional symptoms, it is important to get professional support in identifying the situation.
You may be interested in: Ways to Build Resilience in Your Children
- 10 Dazzling Extraordinary Hotels in Cappadocia
- What is Union and Progress and why was it created?
- “A Place Protected by the Gods”: The Ancient City of Phaselis
- Delicious recipes to help strengthen the immune system in anticipation of winter
- The man with the longest nose in history: Thomas Wadhouse
- February 2, 2023 Daily horoscope commentary and special offers for your zodiac sign
- Get rid of the negative effects of sitting all day in 5 minutes
- Know your inner voice, learn to manage and initiate change
- We Manifest What We Keep in Mind: Change Your Paradigm in the New Year
- Memoirs of Atatürk showing his love for the country