5 Minute Mobility Exercises You Can Do Until Your Morning Coffee Is Brewed
We are sure that you have noticed over and over again that how you start your day affects the rest of the day. Waking up with good news or getting ready for a new day by using the power of affirmations in the morning can be one of the important criteria for keeping motivation high in the following hours, as well as adding joy in the morning. Did you know that you can prepare your body as well as your mind for the rest of the day? Considering the strain on your muscles when working from home all day or sitting at your desk for hours at the office, we can all agree that doing something is absolutely essential.
Physiotherapist Dr. Jacob VanDenMeerendonk notes that adding movement to our morning routine will help us “start the day on the right note” and “Teaching your body and nervous system how to move properly will set your body up for success throughout the day.‘ and emphasizes the importance of mobility exercises to provide the necessary mobility to our body, which is motionless at the table all day.
Drawing attention to the fact that long hours at the desk and intensive use of the computer and phone today reduce mobility, dr. VanDenMeerendonk, “When our body loses mobility in one area, we tend to compensate for too much mobility in another part of our body. However, such compensation is not possible for the thoracic region, that is, the part that covers the neck, shoulders and back. He says we can flex the upper spine and provide the mobility our body needs with mobility exercises that we can do in just a few minutes at the start of the day. The famous doctor, who says that adding mobility exercises to increase joint mobility, increase flexibility and reduce the risk of injury in the morning will prepare our body for the rest of the day, shares 5 mobility exercises. For 5 mobility exercises that don’t require any equipment and are very easy to do in just a few steps ‘You can prepare it while your morning coffee is brewing.‘ said Dr. VanDenMeerendonk offers everyone a better start to the day. Here are 5 mobility exercises you can do in just 5 minutes before you reach your desk while your morning coffee is brewing…
If you wish, you can watch the Instagram post of Dr. Jacob VanDenMeerendonk to make sure that you are doing all 5 exercises in a row, or you can find explanations with the necessary steps for each exercise in the continuation of our article:
Sitting reach out
- Sit on the edge of a chair with your knees slightly wider than your hips.
- Grab your left knee with your right hand, then raise your left hand toward the ceiling, looking up at your fingertips.
- Then repeat the same movement in the opposite direction.
- Grab your right knee with your left hand, then raise your right hand toward the ceiling, looking at your fingertips.
- Repeat the movement, alternating right and left arms for 10 reps each.
Sitting back down
- Sit cross-legged on the edge of a chair or on the floor, as in the previous exercise.
- Grab your left knee with your right hand.
- From the left elbow, fold the arm over the right shoulder, and then, turning to the left, extend the left arm behind you, keeping your eyes on the fingertips.
- Repeat this movement 10 times on the left side, then follow the same approach on the right side.
Needle threading movement up
- Get on your knees with your left knee and left hand on the floor, and press your right foot to the floor, right leg turned to the side.
- Stretch your right arm forward as far as possible, passing it through the gap between your left knee and your left hand on the floor.
- Then take your right hand back from the gap and stretch it towards the ceiling, forming a vertical line (without bending the elbow). In the meantime, watch your right hand with your head.
- Repeat this movement 10 times and switch to the other side.
The movement of the thread into the needle to the side
- Place your hands and knees on the floor slightly apart.
- Extend your left arm to pass it through the gap between your right knee and your right arm.
- While doing this, let the head and left shoulder lightly touch the floor, making sure that the hips remain on the heels.
- Then do the same movement for the right side.
- Do 10 sets of left-right reps.
standing archer movement
- Both legs in a stance, slightly bent at the knees, stretch the right leg forward.
- Keep your chest extended forward, left heel slightly raised.
- Extend your left arm forward and try to keep it in a vertical line.
- Bend your right elbow and take your right arm back, then extend it forward parallel to your left arm.
- Repeat this movement 10 times, then repeat the same steps for the left hand.
You may be interested in: Start Your Day with Body Stretches: Simple Stretching Exercises You Can Do
- Attention and simplicity is one of the basic needs of our age.
- Memoirs of Atatürk showing his love for the country
- Daily horoscope: December 12, 2022
- Relieve stress with stress-reducing acupressure points
- 25 Day Serenity Meditation Series
- A synthetic-free brand that reveals the secret of beauty through plants: Bioterra
- What foods cause acne? | Internet beauty blog
- What model of underwear to choose according to the type of figure?
- Fashion trends 2023 with inspiring combination suggestions
- World Famous Castles: 20 Most Beautiful and Iconic Castles